This just in: After a serious battle that pitted Loco’s main faculties against each other, we have been informed that mind, body and soul have finally reached an agreement!! (Why do I still have this nasty habit of getting ahead of myself in all posts? Okay folks, to the genesis it is!) My mind was tired and went on strike. It demanded a holiday and threatened to go on permanent leave if its workload was not reduced significantly. After pleas, bargains, formation of commissions of inquiry, investigations and over the mental table discussions, a compromise was reached. It was decided that for the rest of the week the mind will take a vacation from thinking about the following things:
· - Problems (Mine, other people’s my neighbour’s cat’s, those induced by the recession like my wallet’s, the environment’s or those induced by politics)
· - Politics, politicians, politricking and all derivatives thereof
· - What could have, should have, would have, must be but was not or has not been done
· - Crime, it’s consequence and things that grow and fester in its backyard
· - The bogeyman and his companions lurking under my bed
· - All forms of aches and pains
· - Disaster, calamity, catastrophe
· - Things with lines that one has to read between and those with print that can be deemed fine
What can I say, what the mind wants, the mind gets. Mind over matter.
In other news, it is good to see some bloggers get back to blogging after what seem like a desertion of sorts in blogsville. Nzembi, Savvy, Pink M in her new digz and even Potash! Someone please send A son the memo.
Prelude for lovers – Foreplay
Goodmorning – John Legend
Strawberries – Hugh Masakhela
The little engine that could – Watty Piper (With pop-outs and illustrations)